Categories of membership:
- Active Members shall be licensed nurses who currently practice in good standing in PeriAnesthesia nursing, or in the management, teaching, or research of PeriAnesthesia nursing. They have the right to vote and hold office.
- Affiliate Members are licensed health care professionals who have an interest in PeriAnesthesia patient care. They will receive publications and notices, but will not vote or become eligible for office.
- Retired Members are members in good standing who were active members before retirement. They will receive publications and notices, shall vote, will not be eligible to hold office, but may serve on committees.
- Honorary Members shall be anyone whom the Association wishes to honor for their years of service to the profession and the Association. They will receive the publications and notices
Member benefits include:
- NPANA newsletter Off the Cuff
- Subscription to ASPAN's Journal of Perianesthesia Nursing, Breathline
- Reduced fees at NPANA conferences
- Educational programs sponsored by NPANA that provide contact hours
- Eligibility to vote in NPANA elections
- Eligibility to run for NPANA office
- After being a member in good standing for one year, eligible for scholarships to attend NPANA or ASPAN conferences and to defray costs of taking CPAN/CAPA certification exam
- Opportunity to serve on an NPANA committee
Other benefits are found on the ASPAN web site (Link to Membership Page) and in the informational brochure below (in PDF form).
Dues are collected annually by ASPAN. The amount is set by the Board of Directors of the Association, subject to approval of the membership.
ASPAN Member-Get-A-Member Campaign
January 1 – December 31, 2017
Invite your colleagues to join ASPAN today! To thank you for your recruitment work, a variety of new awards are available for members who participate.
You can obtain promotional materials and membership applications by contacting ASPAN’s National Office toll free at 877.737.9696 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Request as many copies as you like, and be sure to place your name as the recruiting member on each application you distribute.